What is The Soul Harvest Market?
It is the first online consignment store for handmade Christian products. Soul Harvest has partnered with Etsy to create a marketplace for you to buy/sell unique Christian items! When you submit your item to be sold on the Soul Harvest Christian Market it is listed on SoulHarvest.net, as well as Etsy! TWICE AS NICE!
What is Etsy?
Etsy is the world's most vibrant handmade marketplace. Etsy celebrates individual creativity in design and craftsmanship by connecting unique people, stories and items in a playful and meaningful way. Etsy provides a marketplace for crafters, artists and collectors to sell their handmade creations, vintage goods and crafting supplies.
How does it work?
You submit your Christian item(s) and we sell it on our website and Etsy.com for a percentage of the selling price. Here’s how the process works:
I. You submit your item(s) to us. (See “How do I get started?” below for specifics)
II. We upload your item(s) and list it on SoulHarvest.net and Etsy.
III. When someone purchases your item(s) we process the order, along with all the other “paper work”, and then send you the buyer’s shipping address and contact information.
IV. You mail your wonderful item(s) to the buyer.
V. We send your earnings to your PayPal account, which is 50% of the item’s price, minus the PayPal transaction fee.
You supply the product and we supply the store!
Why did we create it?
There are a lot of Christian artists out there that create beautiful items, but may not know anything about e-commerce & website marketing. Soul Harvest has been blessed with a tremendous amount of internet exposure and traffic, so we figured we would try to help these crafters by showcasing their wonderful products on our website!
We first got the idea from family & friends that make Christian crafts and sell them at trade shows, etc. They had shown interest of wanting to market their art on the internet, but mentioned they weren’t smart enough to ever figure out how to do it. So we said, “Hey, maybe Soul Harvest can help.” :)
What are the requirements?
• You must have an E-mail Address and a PayPal account. (Don’t worry they’re both free!)
• The products you submit must be Christian-oriented.
• Your items must be handmade by you.
• Your items must not infringe on the copyrights of others
• You are responsible for the shipping & handling of your items to the buyer.
• You are responsible for all customer relations (i.e. returns, damaged goods, etc.)
• You set the price and shipping cost for your items. (Item price must be at least $5.00)
• You are responsible for the PayPal transaction fees. (This is basically their fee to cover the cost of operating their online credit card processing - Read more about this below)
PLEASE NOTE: Soul Harvest reserves the right to accept and/or reject any item that is submitted.
How much does it cost?
• It cost only $1 per item to sell your product on The Soul Harvest Market! (After you submit your item to us, we send you a PayPal invoice for this)
The $1 fee covers the following: Soul Harvest listing your item on Etsy, Soul Harvest listing your item on SoulHarvest.net, Soul Harvest processing your item’s order, Soul Harvest forwarding customer information to you once your item has sold and Soul Harvest transferring your earnings to your PayPal account.
PLEASE NOTE: The $1 fee covers an item listing period of 4 months. After this period, we will notify you and you can re-list your item again for just a dollar, or you can decline to list it. Also, this fee is non-refundable.
• You are responsible for covering the PayPal transaction fee that occurs when someone purchases your item. (These fees are determined by PayPal, not Etsy or Soul Harvest.) PayPal charges a small fee per transaction to cover their credit card processing costs. This fee equates to 2.9% + $0.30 USD of the item’s purchase cost. Read more HERE.
PLEASE NOTE: This amount will be deducted from your earnings that we send to you after your item has sold.
What is PayPal?
• PayPal is the safest, easiest way to pay and get paid online. The service allows anyone to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, bank accounts, buyer credit or account balances, without sharing financial information. PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions with more than 153 million accounts worldwide. Available in 190 markets and 24 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global e-commerce by making payments possible across different locations, currencies, and languages. PayPal has received more than 20 awards for excellence from the internet industry and the business community-most recently the 2006 Webby Award for Best Financial Services Site and the 2006 Webby People's Voice Award for Best Financial Services Site. Located in San Jose, California, PayPal was founded in 1998 and was acquired by eBay in 2002. Read more HERE.
Do you have to know my bank account or credit card information?
• We never have to know this personal information. Only PayPal will have this information, not Soul Harvest, Etsy, or the online shopper.
Why would I use The Soul Harvest Market when I can sell my stuff directly on Etsy and make more money?
• We do all the work for you. All you have to do is submit your product(s)!
• You take advantage of our internet exposure. We have been blessed with our search engine rankings, so we get a lot of internet traffic. This means more people seeing your goodies!
• In addition to taking advantage of our visitor traffic, when you sell your item in The Soul Harvest Market, your product is also featured on Etsy. TWICE AS NICE!
• We pay the Etsy.com transaction fee for you! When an item sells on Etsy, there's a 3.5% transaction fee on the final sale price that they charge. However, this fee is paid by us when you sell your goodies on The Soul Harvest Market!
How do I get started?
With each item you submit, be sure to include the following:
1. Three or Four images of the item (It’s very important to have “good” pictures! Read more about our Image Guidelines below!)
2. A description of the item
3. The materials used to make the item
4. The retail price you want to ask for the item (must be at least $5)
5. Where you are willing to ship the item (USA or USA & International)
6. The cost of shipping the item. (If you choose both Domestic & International, we’ll need both rates. HINT: take advantage of the USPS Flat-Rate Shipping boxes if you can! Take your item(s) to the nearest post office and see which box your item(s) will fit in and you can determine what the shipping will be - Read more HERE)
*E-mail ALL 6 of the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Image Guidelines for my items?
• Your images must be at least 430 pixels wide, or they will appear blurry.
• We recommend that your image is around 1,000 pixels wide so shoppers can "zoom" to see a larger version.
• Image files should be .jpg, .gif or .png file format and around 250k in file size (maximum size allowed is 2mb).
• Etsy will automatically resize your images for thumbnails (75x75 pixels ) and gallery images (155x125 pixels).
• Check out these links for more assistance:
- The Storque: "Forty's Photo Tips" article series
- The Storque: Photographing your items (with video!)
- The Storque: more articles tagged "photography how-to"
- EtsyWiki: Photographing items, tips from Etsy members
Can you give me an EXAMPLE of the whole process?
Sure, here we go:
• You submit your Handmade Maple Cross to us. (See “How do I get started?” above for specifics on what we’ll need)
• We send you a PayPal invoice for $1, which is the listing fee of your item.
• After we receive the listing fee, we upload your Handmade Maple Cross on SoulHarvest.net and Etsy.
• Jonathan Doe purchases your beautiful Handmade Maple Cross for $45 ($40 + $5 shipping). We process the order and then send you Mr. Doe’s shipping address and contact information.
• You mail your Handmade Maple Cross to Mr. Doe.
• We send your earnings of $23.39 to your PayPal account!
$45.00 (Item price + shipping)
- 1.61 (PayPal fee of the TOTAL transaction: 2.9% + $0.30 USD)
- 20.00 (Our fee: 50% of item’s selling price)
$23.39 is your earnings!
I still have questions, how do I contact you?
Send you inquiries to email@example.com